MCAS Miramar Air Show 2012 Media Accreditation Form
The Marine Corps Air Station Miramar Public Affairs Office is accepting media reservations to attend the 2012 MCAS Miramar Air Show, scheduled for Oct. 12th, 13th, 14th, with a Media Day held on Oct. 11th, 2012. These reservations will ONLY be accepted until 1 September 2012.
Media representatives desiring to attend this year's air show will complete and submit the form below. Proceed this step with a scanned PDF or word document copy of a valid state accreditation e-mailed as an attachment to
[ MiramarPAOmedia@gmail.com ].
Once the form and credentials and accreditation files are sent, an e-mail reply will be sent within a few business days as a confirmation of receipt only. This DOES NOT constitute an approval. If you do not receive this confirmation e-mail within five business days, please call 858-577-6000 or re-submit the application. All request approvals will be sent out at a later date.
The following information is required for air show accreditation:
1) Each individual media-representative requesting accreditation must fill out this form.
2) Full name, job title for each representative attending, media organization the individual is representing is required. Official state or federal photo identification as well as media credentials must be scanned into a PDF or word document and sent to [ MiramarPAOmedia@gmail.com ]. Be prepared to provide your Social Security or Visa number to the public affairs Marine when they call to confirm receipt of accreditation forms. (All safety precautions are taken with protecting your identity.)
3) Scan to file and email a letter attachment from your editor verifying your assignment to cover the air show. If an editor is not available, type a letter of intention explaining your purpose for attending the air show in the comments section of the form below.
4) Official state or federal photo identification as well as media credentials are required when checking in with a public affairs representative at the gate. They must match the credentials that were used when submitting this form.
5) Flight opportunities are limited and reservations will be on a first-come, first served basis. Anyone wishing to participate should be in good physical condition. Some individuals may not be qualified to ride in certain aircraft due to height and weight restrictions.
Additionally, those wishing to work the Air Show in a media capacity should make note of any special requests such as the need for camera mounts, etc., in the comments section of the form below.
By completing this online form and clicking the "submit" button, your information will be sent to the MCAS Miramar Public Affairs Office. If you have any questions - please call the Public Affairs Office at (858) 577-6000 or (858) 577-7546.